HP PC Dock is part of HP Advisor, which is a tool that is included with HP and Compaq computers and gives Windows users quick and easy access to computer information, as well as peripherals, such as printers.
HP PC Dock is more like a shortcut menu that contains Advisor links. Users can customize the links displayed in HP PC Dock to include their most frequently used links.
By default, HP PC Dock starts automatically every time you start your Windows computer.
In case you wish to prevent HP PC Dock from starting automatically, then you can use the steps included in the next section.
Prevent HP PC Dock From Starting Automatically
You can prevent HP PC Dock from starting automatically using any of the following methods:
- Click the HP Advisor icon on the left-hand side of your HP PC Dock.
- Select PC Dashboard.
- Click the Settings button in the lower left corner in the HP Advisor dialog box.
- Click the General tab in the Settings dialog box.
- Unselect Launch Advisor PC Dock at every boot.
- Click the Apply button.
- Close the HP Advisor dialog box.
- Restart your computer to implement the changes.
- Click the Start button, type run in the Start Search box, and then press Enter.
- Type msconfig in the run dialog box, and then click the OK button.
- Click the Startup tab in the System Configuration dialog box.
- Unselect HP Advisor and HP Mediasmart (if present).
- Click Apply, and then click OK.
- Restart your Windows computer for changes to take effect.
In case you want to uninstall the HP PC Dock from your windows computer, then use the steps listed in the following section.
How to Remove HP PC Dock
You can use the Windows built-in uninstaller, Add or Remove Programs utility, to remove unwanted programs from your computer.
To uninstall HP PC Dock using Add or Remove Programs, perform the steps mentioned below:
- Click Start and then click Control Panel.
- Click Add or Remove Programs to open its corresponding window in the Control Panel.
- Locate and select HP PC Dock on the currently installed program list.
- Click Uninstall.
What to do when you are unable to uninstall HP PC Dock or any other program via Add or Remove Programs
You may come across a situation where you are unable to uninstall a program using the Add or Remove Programs utility.
Typically, this occurs when any of the following conditions hold true:
- The Windows registry is corrupt.
- The program you are trying to uninstall was not installed correctly in the first place.
- Malware has corrupted some files of the program you are trying to uninstall.
The best way to uninstall programs in such cases is by using professional Windows uninstaller software, such as Perfect Uninstaller.
Professional uninstaller tools provide you with a force uninstall option (something which default Windows uninstaller does not provide) that you can use to forcefully uninstall programs that resist removal via Add or Remove Programs.