QuickTime—Apple’s answer to Windows Media Player—is a popular video player software. Many computers, by default, include QuickTime. If you do not watch videos in QuickTime, use iTunes or visit websites that play videos in QuickTime, then you can safely remove this application from your computer.
How to Remove QuickTime From a Windows Computer
You can easily remove QuickTime from a Windows computer using the built-in Add or Remove Programs utility. The following steps take you through the process:
- Click the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
- Locate and select QuickTime on the Currently installed programs list.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Click OK or YES, when a dialog box appears asking you to confirm your action.
- Close the Add or Remove Programs Window when the uninstallation process completes.
After you have uninstalled QuickTime from your Windows computer, run a registry scan using a piece of reliable registry cleaning software, such as RegGenie, to ensure all the entries related to this program are also permanently deleted.
QuickTime Uninstallation Issue
I’ve uninstalled QuickTime, but its entry is still present on the Add or Remove Programs list. When I click on it, nothing happens. Now, I’m neither able to install or uninstall QuickTime. Is there a solution?
To repair the issue, you can try either of the following methods:
- Manually remove QuickTime registry entries.
- Forcefully uninstall QuickTime using a third-party uninstaller tool.
Method 1 – Manually Delete QuickTime Registry Entries
Warning: The steps illustrated below require you to edit the registry. Perform these steps only if you are comfortable working with the registry. Further, as a precaution, make a registry backup before editing. You can do it manually or use an advanced Windows registry cleaning software, such as RegGenie.
- Click the Start Menu and then click Run.
- Type regedit in the Open box, and then press Enter.
- Navigate to the following registry entry in the Registry Editor window:
- Locate and right-click QuickTime folder, and then click Delete. The QuickTime folder may be present more than once under the Uninstall list. If that is the case, then delete all the QuickTime folders.
- Close the Registry Editor window.
Uninstall QuickTime Forcefully Using an Uninstaller Tool
Download and install a reliable third-party uninstaller tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller. Next, launch the uninstaller tool and use the Force Uninstall option to forcefully remove QuickTime or any other unwanted application from your Windows computer.
How to Uninstall QuickTime on a Macintosh
- Open the QuickTime Installer.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click the Agree button in the License window.
- Select the Custom option in the Choose Installation Type window.
- Select Uninstall from the pop-up menu at the top in the QuickTime Installer window.
- Click the Continue button.
- Click the OK button when the uninstallation process completes.
- Close the QuickTime Installer.