What is Zone Alarm?
Zone Alarm is a company that provides a wide range of free and commercial versions of security products. The Zone Alarm Firewall is the most popular software that also is their first released product. Zone Alarm Firewall is designed for the Windows Operating system.
Zone Alarm firewall products have over the years has been widely accepted in the corporate and home segment. It has added a variety of products in the area of system security like system virtualization, antivirus and antispyware areas.
How to uninstall Zone Alarm products
Zone alarm products are designed for system security and because of this its files are installed deep into the core of the operating system. This is why these programs are not easy to remove manually.
Zone alarm divides the network into zones. For example, the trusted zone includes the local area network and the Internet zone included the internet. A user can set permissions based on these divisions.
You can use one of the following methods to uninstall a ZoneAlarm program from your computer.
Method 1: Zone Alarm Removal tool – You can download the Zone Alarm removal tool from their website. Once this file is downloaded, double-click on the downloaded file to run it. Use this program to uninstall ZoneAlarm from your computer.
Method 2: Using Windows Uninstaller in Safe mode – Zone alarm can be uninstalled using the Windows uninstaller but as this software penetrates into the core system files, it is always better to run the uninstaller in safe mode. To achieve this, follow the steps below –
- Restart the system.
- During boot keep pressing the F8 key
- From the listed options choose, Safe Mode using the arrow keys and then press Enter.
- Open Control Panel when PC starts into Safe mode.
- Click Program and Features on Windows Vista / 7 or Add and Remove Programs on Windows XP.
- Select Zone Alarm from the program list and click Uninstall.
This will remove Zone alarm from the system.
After you have removed ZoneAlarm using the above two methods, you need to clean up the registry as well as left behind program files. Here are the steps to do that:
- Browse to the Program Files folder and delete the Zone Alarm folder
- At Start > Run type type %windir% and press Enter to display the Windows folder.
- Here, locate Internet Logs Folder and delete it.
- Next, open the %windir%/system32 folder.
- Locate the following files and delete them –
- Type %temp% Start > Run and press Enter.
- Delete all files in the Temp folder that opens.
- Type Regedit and press Enter to display the Registry Editor window.
- Delete the following keys:
Restart the system once all the above steps are done. This will ensure all the files of zone alarm software are deleted.
Method 3: Using third party softwares – If you find the above steps tedious and complicated, you can use the following programs to get rid of the ZoneAlarm software.
Perfect Uninstaller – This is a powerful uninstaller tool that can remove all folders and files as well as registry entries of Zone Alarm from the system.
RegGenie – After uninstalling the software using any of the above methods, you can use the RegGenie software to remove registry entries related to Zone Alarm from the system.