Nero 9 is the latest integrated digital media software suite from Nero AG. Nero 9 like its previous versions allows you to perform CD/DVD burning and disc copying functions with ease. Plus, this new version also provides users with some new interesting and useful features.
Nero AG allows users to download the trial version of Nero 9 and use it for 15 days. However, not all users who download the trial version eventually buy the product. If you have downloaded the trial version of Nero 9 but want to switch to your earlier Nero software after 15 days, you will have to uninstall Nero 9 before you can start using your old licensed version of Nero. You may also want to uninstall Nero 9 if the current installation of the software on your computer is corrupt and you want to uninstall and then reinstall it to repair the problem.
In this article, we will look at the steps you need to perform to completely remove Nero 9 from your system.
Step 1: Use Add or Remove Programs Utility to remove Nero 9
The easiest way to remove Nero 9 is through the Add or Remove Programs Utility. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Go to Start and click Control Panel.
- Double-click on the Add or Remove Programs icon to open its corresponding window.
- Locate and select Nero 9 from the list of programs mentioned here.
- Next, click the Remove button.
- After the installation process is complete, reboot your PC.
Most of the time, by performing the above steps you will be able to get rid of Nero 9. However, at times the above method fails to uninstall Nero 9 completely and you may find it present on your system when you restart your PC after completing the normal uninstallation process. If this is the case, proceed to Step 2.
Step 2: Use Nero General CleanTool to remove Nero 9
Nero AG provides a free utility to users to allow them to effectively uninstall Nero products. However, it is advisable to use this method only when the normal uninstallation process fails to remove Nero 9.
- First, download the Nero General CleanTool
- Next, save the General-CleanTool.zip file on your desktop.
- Unzip the file and save the extracted files to an easily accessible location on your hard drive.
- Double-click the extracted General-CleanTool.exe file to launch the Nero General CleanTool.
- Select Nero 9 from the list of Nero products that appear in the Nero General CleanTool window. In case Nero 9 does not appear in the list, click the Manual Find option to locate it.
- Next, click Clean to start the Nero 9 uninstallation process.
- Exit the Nero General CleanTool window and Restart your system after the uninstallation process is complete.
Note: After you have removed Nero 9 it is advisable that you perform a registry scan to ensure that there are no left over entries related to this program within the registry. You may use an advanced registry cleaning tool, such as RegGenie to effectively perform registry scans and other registry maintenance activities.
If you are still not able to get rid of Nero 9 from your computer, it is best to seek the services of a reliable program uninstaller tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller. This is a handy tool that ensures the complete removal of applications by performing a thorough scan of your computer and registry to get rid of all information related to the program you are trying to remove. You can also use this tool to perform a forced uninstallation of Nero 9. This feature is especially useful in uninstalling programs that have been incompletely installed or uninstalled on your computer.