Spyware Protect 2009 is a malicious program which enters and installs on your PC without your consent. Once inside, it displays false error-messages claiming your system is infected with malicious programs and prompts you to download the full version of this sinister program. DO NOT download Spyware Protect 2009 as it puts your personal information and your system security in jeopardy. Also in case you have downloaded this software, then promptly uninstall it.
To remove Spyware Protect 2009, you will need to perform the following steps:
- Block Spyware Protect 2009 websites
- Delete Spyware Protect 2009 processes
- Remove Spyware Protect 2009 registry keys
- Unregister Spyware Protect 2009 DLLs
- Remove Spyware Protect 2009 files
All the above steps are discussed in detail below.
How to block Spyware Protect 2009 websites?
You will need to block the following websites: à Please put this info in scrollable text box.
Illustrated below are the steps you need to perform to block these websites:
- Start your Internet Explorer.
- Go to Tools menu, click Internet Options and then open the Privacy tab.
- On Privacy tab, click Sites and type the address of the website you need to block.
- Click OK twice to save the changes.
- Perform step 2 to 4 separately for each website you need to block.
How to remove Spyware Protect 2009 Processes?
Perform the following steps to delete the Spyware Protect 2009 processes:
- Click Start, select Search and then choose All files and folders option.
- Perform separate search for all the files mentioned below: à Please put this info in scrollable text box.
- Delete these files, if found in search results.
How to remove registry keys related to Spyware Protect 2009?
Warning: The steps illustrated in this section require you to make direct edits to the registry. Ensure that you take due care while performing these steps. Any error while editing the registry, may cause irreversible damage to it and your system. This is why make a complete registry backup before proceeding. You can take help of an advanced registry cleaner, such as RegGenie to make registry backup.
- Open the Registry Editor window by executing the regedit command.
- Use the Find option in the Edit menu of the Registry Editor to locate the registry keys given below.
- To delete a selected registry key or value, right-click on it and click Delete.
In order to completely uninstall Spyware Protect 2009, you need to delete the following registry entries or values:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Spyware Protect 2009
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run Spyware Protect 2009
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\uninstall\Spyware Protect 2009
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “sysguardn”
How to unregister Spyware Protect 2009 DLL file?
To successfully remove Spyware Protect 2009, you need to unregister the DLL file vbzlib2.dll. To perform this task, first locate the exact location of the DLL on your system and then execute the regsvr32 /u FullDLLName.dll command.
Note: The DLL name must contain the exact location of the DLL file on your PC.
How to delete Spyware Protect 2009 files?
Finally, to complete the uninstallation process you need to locate and delete the following Spyware Protect 2009 files:
Performing the above steps ensure complete removal of the harmful program Spyware Protect 2009 from your PC. In case you are not comfortable in performing the above steps yourself, you can select an advanced third-party uninstaller, such as Perfect Uninstaller to do this job for you. Perfect Uninstaller is an easy-to-use tool that automates the process of uninstalling the unwanted programs from your PC and spares you the headache of performing lengthy uninstallation steps yourself. It is also recommended that you use reliable and robust antivirus and antispyware tools to perform a thorough full system scan of your computer and get rid of any malicious data stored on it. Finally, use a robust registry cleaner tool, such as RegGenie, to get rid of all malicious registry entries and thus, ensure complete malware removal from your computer.