AV Security Suite is a fake anti-spyware program from the same family as Antivirus Soft and AntiSpyware Soft. The main purpose of this program is to use scare tactics to swindle money from unsuspecting computer users.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- What are the common ways through which AV Security Suite is promoted?
- What are the characteristics of this fake security software?
- How to remove AV Security Suite using a piece of genuine security software
- How to prevent AV Security Suite from getting installed on your computer in the future
How AV Security Suite is Promoted
AV security Suite is promoted through misleading websites that display fake scanners when you visit them. This fake security software is also promoted via spam e-mail attachments, freeware, and peer-to-peer software.
Characteristics of AV Security Suite
As mentioned in the beginning, the main aim of this bogus software is to trick users into buying its full version, which is as useless as the unregistered one.
Once the trial version of AV Security Suite is installed on your computer, it configures itself to start automatically every time you log on to your computer. The program then displays pre-programmed fake error messages and security alerts every time you start your computer.
In addition, this program also configures Windows to use a proxy server to display fake security warnings when you visit various websites. By using the proxy server, AV Security Suite prevents you from updating your current security software and installing any new security program.
Further, the program blocks the functioning of certain programs, particularly your security tool, to prevent its detection and removal.
Last but not least, AV Security Suite displays a fake Windows Security Center that prompts you to buy the full version of this bogus software.
It goes without saying that you should not buy this bogus program, instead remove this fake program as soon as possible from your computer.
Uninstall AV Security Suite Using a Genuine Security Program
The easiest and most effective way of uninstalling this program is by running a complete system scan, using a reliable security tool. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Restart your computer.
- Press and hold the F8 key as Windows reloads.
- Select Safe Mode with Networking using your arrow keys in the Windows Advanced Option Menu, and then press Enter.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click the Tools menu, and then select Internet Options.
- Click the Connections tab, and then click the LAN settings button.
- Uncheck the box before Use a proxy server for your LAN.
- Update your security tool or download and install a reliable security tool, such as StopZilla, from the Internet.
- Run a complete malware scan on your computer.
Prevent AV Security Suite From Entering Your Computer in the Future
The following steps help you keep your computer safe from AV Security Suite and other fake antispyware programs:
- Regularly update your security tool with the latest malware definitions.
- Regularly install the latest Windows updates. In addition, always keep your programs, such as Adobe Reader, Flash, Windows Media Player, up-to-date. AV Security Suite and many other malware programs penetrate into your computer by exploiting the vulnerabilities of outdated software.
- Keep away from dubious websites.
- Read the End User License Agreement (EULA) before installing any software.