Adobe Flash Player is a software that allows computer users to view animations and movies using computer programs, such as a web browser.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to uninstall Adobe Flash Player using the Windows Add or Remove Programs utility
- What to do when you are unable to uninstall Adobe Flash Player using Add or Remove Programs
Remove Adobe Flash Player using Add or Remove Programs
All Windows computers come with a built-in utility, called Add or Remove Programs, through which you can uninstall unwanted software from your Windows computer.
To uninstall Adobe Flash Player via Add or Remove Programs, perform the following steps:
- Click Start, click Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs to open its corresponding window.
- Locate and select Adobe Flash Player in the list of installed programs.
- Click Uninstall.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to uninstall Adobe Flash Player.
- Restart your computer.
After you uninstall Adobe Flash Player or any other application from your Windows computer, it is recommended that you make sure that all the registry entries related to the uninstalled program are also removed.
When you uninstall any application, invariably, some entries related to the uninstalled program get left behind in the registry. Over a period of time, these left-over registry entries can spell serious trouble, as they cause registry to grow manifold its original size, and may also corrupt it.
The easiest and best way to remove left-over entries is by running a registry scan using a reliable registry maintenance tool, such as RegGenie, every time after you uninstall an application from your Windows computer. RegGenie uses advanced algorithms to locate and remove all the redundant registry entries.
What to do if you face problems uninstalling Adobe Flash Player in Windows
In case you are unable to completely uninstall Adobe Flash Player using Add or Remove Programs (this may occur when some of the files of the program are damaged or when the program was only partially installed on your computer), then you may use any of the following methods to remove Adobe Flash Player:
Method 1 – Uninstall Adobe Flash Player using the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller
- Download uninstall_flash_player.exe.
- Save the file on your desktop.
- Close all the running applications on your Windows computer.
- Run the Adobe Flash Player uninstaller.
- Restart your computer after Adobe Flash Player has been successfully removed from your computer.
Note:You may check the system tray and the task bar to ensure that no applications are running. For instance, in case you see icon for web browsers or instant messaging clients, such as Google Talk or AOL Instant messenger, then right-click the icon and click Exit to close the application.
Method 2 – Uninstall Adobe Flash Player using Perfect Uninstaller
In situations where you are unable to uninstall a program using Add or Remove Programs, you may use a reliable Windows uninstaller tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller to uninstall the program.
Using Perfect Uninstaller makes sense as it is faster than Add or Remove Programs and also provides you with an option, called Force Uninstall, through which you can forcefully uninstall programs that prove difficult to uninstall.