In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to uninstall AVG security software using Add or Remove Programs
- What to do when you are unable to remove AVG using Add or Remove Programs
Uninstall AVG Security Software Using Add or Remove Programs
If you use Windows 7 or Windows Vista, perform the following steps to uninstall security software:
- Click Start, then Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove programs.
- Locate and right-click AVG software on the currently installed programs list, and then click Uninstall.
- If the User Account Control Window appears, click Continue.
- Restart your computer.
If you use Windows XP, perform the following steps to uninstall AVG manually:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click the Add or Remove Programs icon.
- Locate and right-click AVG software in the Currently installed programs list
- Click Remove
- Next, click Remove All
- Now, click the Next button and follow the onscreen instructions.
- Restart your computer.
If you do not see a Remove button, click Change
If you do not see a Remove All tab, click Remove.
After you have uninstalled AVG security software, it is recommended that you perform a registry scan using a reliable registry cleaning software to ensure that all the AVG security software registry entries are also deleted from your computer. This step is necessary, as sometimes entries related to an uninstalled program are not automatically removed during the manual uninstall processes. The left-over entries can account for undesirable exponential growth of the registry and may corrupt it in the future. You may use RegGenie, a top-rated registry cleaner tool, to weed out unwanted and obsolete registry entries as well as perform other essential registry maintenance tasks.
Cannot Uninstall AVG Security Software Using Add or Remove Programs
All is not lost in case you are unable to uninstall AVG security software using Add or Remove Programs. You can download AVG Remover and use it to forcefully uninstall AVG security software from your computer.
AVG Remover is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows operating systems. This useful tool removes all traces of AVG installation from your computer, including installation and user files and associated registry entries. Remember, you should use AVG Remover to uninstall AVG security software only when you are unable to remove this program using the Add or Remove Programs option.
Alternatively, you may use a third-party Windows uninstaller tool, such as Perfect Uninstaller to forcefully uninstall AVG security software or any other unwanted software from your computer.