Bing Toolbar (previously known as MSN search bar) is a free browser extension toolbar from Microsoft for Internet Explorer and Firefox. This toolbar provides Bing powered search integration in Internet Explorer and Firefox. In addition, Bing Toolbar offers various other useful features for accessing information on the Internet and Microsoft Live services.
Important features that Bing Toolbar provides:
- Allows you to perform search on Bing search engine within the open browser window
- Provides you with latest news, weather reports, stocks information, sports and entertainment news
- Gives you email notifications and provides you a preview within the open browser window`
In case you don’t like what Bing Toolbar offers or find that the add-on browser is taking up a lot of space, then you can easily disable it or remove it completely from your Windows computer.
How to Disable Bing Toolbar in Internet Explorer
If you use Internet Explorer and want to disable Bing Toolbar then you need to complete the following steps:
- Double-click the Internet Explorer icon on your desktop to open its corresponding window.
- Click the Tools menu.
- Click Manage Add-ons.
- In the Manage Add-ons dialog box, click Toolbars and Extensions in the left-pane.
- Select Bing Toolbar in the right pane.
- Click the Disable button in the lower-right part of the Manage Add-ons dialog box.
- Click the Close button to close the Manage Add-ons dialog box.
- Restart Internet Explorer.
How to Disable Bing Toolbar in Firefox
If you use Firefox, then perform the following steps to disable Bing Toolbar:
- Open Firefox browser.
- Click the Tools menu.
- Click Add-ons.
- Click Extensions.
- Select Bing Toolbar.
- Click Disable.
- Restart Firefox browser.
How to uninstall Bing Toolbar in Windows
In case you want to permanently remove Bing Toolbar then you need to perform the following steps:
- Click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the Currently installed programs list, locate and select Bing Toolbar.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes, if prompted to confirm your action.
After you have uninstalled Bing, it is recommended that you run a registry scan using an advanced Windows registry cleaner, such as RegGenie, to ensure all the entries related to this program are permanently removed from your registry.