Norton Internet Security 2010 by Symantec Corporation is a piece of computer protection software that provides protection from malware programs as well as hackers. The program includes a personal firewall, phishing protection, and e-mail spam filtering. In addition to this, Norton Internet Security 2010 tunes your computer for better performance.
In case the performance of this program does not match your expectations, then you can easily uninstall the program using the built-in uninstaller or the Add or Remove Programs option.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010 using the built-in uninstaller
- How to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010 using the Add or Remove Programs utility
- How to forcefully uninstall Internet Security software in case you are unable to remove it using the built-in uninstaller or Add or Remove Programs
Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010 Using the Built-In Uninstaller
- Click the Start menu and then select All Programs.
- Locate and click Norton Internet Security and then click Uninstall Norton Internet Security.
- Click Please remove all user data including stored passwords and quarantine contents.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Restart your computer.
Alternatively, you may uninstall this program using Add or Remove Programs. Follow the steps listed in the next section to do this.
Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010 Using Add or Remove Programs
- Click the Start menu, click Control Panel, and then click Add or Remove Programs.
- In the list of currently installed programs, locate and right-click Norton Internet Security 2010.
- Click Uninstall.
- Restart your computer.
After you have uninstalled your Norton product, make sure that you run a registry scan to ensure that all Norton Internet Security 2010 registry entries are also deleted. For this purpose, you may use RegGenie, a powerful Windows registry cleaner that uses advanced algorithms to weed out unwanted and obsolete registry entries.
Cannot Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010 Using the Built-In Uninstaller or Add or Remove Programs
Typically, this occurs when any of the following conditions holds true:
- The Windows registry is corrupt
- The program was not installed correctly on your computer
- Some malware has corrupted one or more files of the software.
In case you are not able to uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010 using any of the methods discussed above then you may forcefully uninstall your Norton product using Norton Removal Tool.
The Norton Removal Tool is available for free download from the official Symantec website and allows you to completely uninstall the following Norton Products:
- Norton GoBack 3.1 through 4.2
- Ghost 2003, Ghost Version 9.0 and 10.0
- Norton AntiSpam 2004/2005
- Norton AntiVirus 2003 through 2007.2
- Norton Confidential Online 2007
- Norton Personal Firewall 2003 through 2006
- Norton SystemWorks 2003 through 2007
- Norton Password Manager
- Norton 360
- Norton Internet Security 2003 through 2007.2
- Norton Internet Security Add-on Pack
- Norton Save and Restore 1.0
Uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010 Using Norton Removal Tool
Download the Norton Removal tool from the official Symantec website and install it on your desktop. Run the uninstaller program to completely uninstall Norton Internet Security 2010.
Important: You may be prompted to restart your PC more than once and repeat certain steps.
The Norton Removal tool will remove all the traces of your Norton product, including its files and registry entries. However, only use this uninstaller program when conventional methods of uninstalling Norton Internet Security 2010 have failed.
Another option is to use Perfect Uninstaller. This is a third-party program uninstaller tool that will enable you to uninstall not only Norton, but any stubborn program from your computer.