Rosetta Stone is a language-learning application from Rosetta Stone, Inc. The program offers instructions in Russian, French, Spanish, Mandarin Chinese, German, and Italian.
You may need to uninstall Rosetta Stone due to various reasons, such as:
- You are unable to install a new version of Rosetta Stone because an older version of the software already exists on your computer and is interfering with the installation of the new version.
- The Rosetta Stone software installed on your computer is corrupt.
- You no longer require Rosetta Stone and want to remove the application to free up hard disk space.
In this article, we will discuss the following topics:
- How to uninstall Rosetta Stone using the Windows built-in uninstaller named Add or Remove Programs.
- How to forcefully uninstall Rosetta Stone in case you are not able to uninstall the program via the Add or Remove Programs utility.
How to uninstall Rosetta Stone via Add or Remove Programs
For Windows XP
- Click Start.
- Click Settings.
- Click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs in the Control Panel Window.
- Locate and select Rosetta Stone in the currently installed programs list.
- Click Remove.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal process.
For Windows 7 and Windows Vista
- Click the Windows logo in your taskbar.
- Click the Start Search box, type add or remove programs and press Enter.
- Locate and select Rosetta Stone in the Currently installed programs list.
- Click Uninstall.
- Click Yes if a User Account Dialog box appears.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
When you uninstall a program via Add or Remove programs, not all registry entries related to the program are removed from the registry. These leftover and now defunct registry entries occupy space in your registry and may corrupt it. To prevent this, we recommend that after you uninstall a program, you run a registry scan by using a reliable registry maintenance software such as RegGenie to ensure that all the redundant and leftover registry entries are removed comprehensively from the Windows registry.
How to forcefully uninstall Rosetta Stone
In some cases, you may find that Rosetta Stone is not listed in the Add or Remove Programs window, or that nothing happens when you select Rosetta Stone and click the Remove or Uninstall button in the Add or Remove Programs Window.
Generally, this happens when either of the following conditions hold true:
- Rosetta Stone is only partially installed on your computer.
- One or more files of the program are damaged.
To resolve the issue and uninstall Rosetta Stone, we recommend that you use Perfect Uninstaller, which is a top-rated Windows uninstalling software. Perfect Uninstaller includes a Fore Uninstall feature through which you can completely remove those programs that are proving difficult to remove.