What is Roxio?
Roxio is a software company that produces a series of PC applications related to digital media and DVD burning. Their primary product, Roxio Easy Media Creator, is a disc authoring software, which is usually bundled with new PCs. It is popular as it offers the option of volume licensing of its products and preloading on systems. This software is released in Windows as Roxio Creator and as Roxio Toast on Mac OS. It supports almost all video, audio, and picture formats and also provides data recovery support.
How to Uninstall Roxio
Roxio software installs itself in the kernel that controls the hardware, such as optical drives. It also installs files in some core locations, as it has built-in data recovery features. This is the reason why it is not easy to remove Roxio from the system. To remove the application, you can use the following methods:
- Uninstall from Control Panel in Windows
- Manual Removal
- Third Party software
Uninstall from Control Panel in Windows – Windows provides an uninstaller that helps in the removal of installed programs from the system. To run this, use the following steps –
- Restart your system.
- Keep hitting the F8 key during boot.
- Choose Safe Mode from the options using the arrow keys and then press Enter.
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Add and Remove Programs in Windows XP or Program and Features in Win 7 / Vista, which displays the list of programs installed on the system.
- Select Roxio Creator from the list and select Change/Remove or Uninstall.
Follow the screen instructions to remove the Roxio Creator software from the system.
Manual Removal – Roxio Creator installs multiple files on the system, and you can delete them by performing the following steps:
- Start your computer in Safe mode.
- Click Start and then select Run.
- Type %Program Files% and press enter.
- Search the Roxio folder in the Windows that opens and delete it.
- Close this folder window at Run and type %Appdata% and press Enter.
- Delete the following Roxo folders:
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared
- C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\Roxio
- C:\Users\Username\App Data\Roaming\Roxio
Note: Username is the user profile where the Roxio software is installed.
Close all the Windows and then follow the steps listed below to remove the registry keys of Roxio from the system:
- Click Start and go to Run.
- Type Regedit and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Browse to the following keys and delete them:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER \SOFTWARE\Roxio
Third Party Software – Some third-party software also available can help you get rid of Roxio from your computer.
- Perfect Uninstaller software – Most of the aforementioned procedures take good amount of your time, which can be saved by using the Perfect uninstaller software. This application comprises a ‘force uninstall ‘option in the shell components, and when the option is selected, all the folders and files related to Roxio Creator are completely removed from the system.
- RegGenie – This is a powerful type of software that removes all the null and empty keys related to Roxio Creator from the registry. Manual registry removal can be dangerous so you can use this software, and with one click, remove all the unwanted keys from the registry.