What is Safari 5?
How to Uninstall Safari 5
Safari 5 can be uninstalled from the system like a regular browser, but it leaves a profile folder in the system that must be removed manually. To remove Safari 5 from Mac OS, you should follow the steps below :
- Drag the Safari icon to the trash to remove the files.
- Then Open Terminal.
- Type cd and it will reach the root directory.
- Type cd Application to reach the application folder and then browse to /Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app.
- Type sudo pkgutil –forget com.apple.pkg.Safari50SnowLeopard.
- Press Return and then enter the admin password and press return again.
This will remove Safari 5 from Mac OS completely.
To remove the Safari 5 browser from Windows, you can use one of these methods:
- Uninstall option in Control Panel
- Manual Removal
- Third Party software
Uninstall option in Control Panel– All windows operating systems have an uninstaller that helps uninstall software from the system.
- Restart your system.
- Hit the F8 key during boot up.
- Choose Safe Mode using the arrow keys and then press Enter.
- Click Start in Safe Mode and then click Control Panel
- Click on Program and Features in Win 7 / Vista or Add and Remove Programs in Windows XP, which displays the list of programs installed on the system
- Select Safari from the program list and then choose Change/Remove or uninstall
This will remove Safari 5 software from the system.
Manual Removal – Safari folders can also be manually removed by following these steps.
- Click on Start in Safe Mode and then Run
- Type %ProgramFiles% and press Enter.
- Delete the Safari folder from the Program Files folder that opens.
- Again type %Appdata% and press Enter.
- Delete the Safari folder from the folder that opens.
- Type Regedit at Run and press Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to the following keys and delete the entries related to Safari from them.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Apple Computer, Inc.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER \SOFTWARE\ Apple Computer, Inc
Note: Make sure that you delete the Safari folder only, as there might be other folders related to iTunes, QuickTime etc.
Third Party Software – You can use third party software to uninstall Safari 5 completely from the system. Two of such software are listed below –
- Perfect Uninstaller software – The perfect uninstaller software removes the installed Safari 5 from the system with ease and performs better than the Windows uninstaller.
- RegGenie – RegGenie is a powerful type of registry cleaner software to clean the system registry. This removes all the null and empty keys related to Safari 5 with just one click.