What is uTorrent?
uTorrent is a free BitTorrent client, which has been designed for Windows, Mac OS, Linux platforms. This is one of the most popular BitTorrent clients due to its miniature size. This is the reason it uses minimal computer resources. Most of the other BitTorrent clients are very heavy and take up significant amounts of resources. uTorrent has a powerful user interface and is also building a WebUI so that it can be controlled from LAN. This was the first BitTorrent that supported IPv6 and is the first to support multiple languages, platforms. It also has been rated as one of the best and highest used BitTorrent client all over the world.
How to uninstall uTorrent
uTorrent is a small application of around 320Kb and is very easy to remove from any system.
To remove from Mac OS, you just have to drag the uTorrent icon to trash, and this will remove all programs of uTorrent from the system.
To remove the application from a Windows PC, you may one of the following methods –
- Uninstall from Control Panel
- Manual Removal
- System Restore
- Perfect Uninstaller software
Uninstall from the Control Panel – The Windows uninstaller program helps in removing installed software from any system. To run the uninstaller, follow these steps –
- Click on Start and go to Control Panel.
- Click on Add and Remove Programs for Windows XP or Program and Features for Win 7 / Vista, which brings a list of programs installed on the system.
- Select uTorrent from the list and click on Change/Remove or Uninstall.
Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to remove the uTorrent software from the system.
Manual Removal – uTorrent just puts one single .exe file in the Program Files of Windows. You can delete it by following the steps listed below –
- Click on Start and then click on Run.
- Type %Program Files% and press Enter.
- Browse the uTorrent folder and delete it.
- Close this window and type %Appdata%.
- Delete the uTorrent folder.
This will ensure the complete removal of uTorrent Software.
System Restore – The system restore feature is helpful in restoring the system settings and files of a system. It provides a series of dates, and once a date is chosen, the settings of that date are applied to the system. To run this feature, follow the following steps –
- Click on Start and then navigate All programs
- Browse Accessories and then System tools
- Click on System restore and choose a date prior to the installation of uTorrent
- Click Next after selecting the date
Now the settings of the selected date are applied. Restart the system and the confirmation will be displayed on the screen.
Note: You must use System Restore only if there are problems after uninstalling the software from the system.
Perfect Uninstaller software – These aforementioned procedures take a good amount of your time, which can be saved by using the Perfect uninstaller software. With Perfect Uninstaller, you can also use the “Force Uninstall ” feature to remove the software even if its uninstall information is corrupt.