What is Xobni?
Xobni, which is ‘inbox’ spelled backwards, is a powerful plug-in primarily designed for the Microsoft Outlook client. This tool helps in lightning fast search of mails and enhances people-based email search. It keeps a rich archive of every person who has sent or received mails either directly or via cc. It maintains a complete profile that contains details of shared documents, relationship status, contact info, long threaded conversations etc. It has an integrated system that helps in acquiring information of a contact from social networks like Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
How to uninstall Xobni
You can use many different ways to uninstall Xobni from your Windows computer. Before using any of the following methods, make sure that Microsoft Outlook is not running on the computer.
Method 1: Using Xobni Uninstaller – Xobni Uninstaller is built into the Xobni software itself and it can be run by performing the following steps:
- Navigate to the Xobni folder in the Program Files directory of your system.
- Click on Uninstall file to display the Xobni repair console.
- Choose Uninstall and then follow the online instructions to uninstall Xobni from the system.
Method 2: Using Windows Uninstaller – Even though Xobni is added as a plug-in to Microsoft Outlook it can be uninstalled from the Add/Remove programs option in Control Panel. It is recommended that ou uninstall the software from the Safe mode. Listed below are the steps to perform this task:
- Restart your system.
- When the system starts booting keep pressing the F8 key.
- This will bring a series of options on the screen, choose Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
- Next, open Control Panel.
- Click on Program and Features on Windows Vista / 7 or Add and Remove Programs on Windows XP.
- Select Xobni from the list of Currently installed programs and click Uninstall or Change/Remove.
- Follow the screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Next, browse to the following directories and delete the Xobni folder from them:
C:\Documents and Settings\"username"\Local Settings\Application Data\ on Windows XP
C:\Users\"username"\AppData\Local\ on Windows Vista and Windows 7
Note: username is the user from which you want to uninstall Xobni
In case you face problems during the uninstallation, you can use the System Restore tool, to revert your PC settings to the time before you uninstall Xobni. To run System Restore, perform the following steps:
- Click on Start and browse to All Programs.
- Move to Accessories and then System tools.
- Click on System restore to launch it.
- Choose a date prior to the installation of Xobni.
- Once the date is selected click Next.
The settings will be applied and the system will be restarted. One drawback of this method is that the settings of your entire system will be reverted to a prior date and this may effect the working of other programs on your computer.
Method 3: Using third-party software
You can also use a third-party uninstaller, such as Perfect Uninstaller to perform the uninstallation. This program is designed to scan your entire computer and registry to make sure each and every component of the program you are uninstalling is removed from the system.