What is Zynga?
Zynga is a Web 2.0 company that specializes in social network-based online games. It develops browser-based games that work with both standalone systems and widgets on social networking sites. Facebook and MySpace were the first to integrate the application widgets of Zynga into their network. Once games on Zynga became extremely popular on Facebook, they released the Zynga gamebar which was released for all their range of games. The Zynga gamebar uses Google as its search provider and it gives a complete list of updates on the list of games provided by Zynga.
How to uninstall Zynga Toolbar
Zynga toolbar or gamebar is presently released for only Internet Explorer and Firefox browsers. It is not compatible with other web browsers. Uninstalling Zynga is easy as it is a very small application and doesn’t sit with the core system files. To uninstall from the browsers, you may use the following methods:
Firefox Browser – The Zynga gamebar was first released as a toolbar for the Firefox browser. To uninstall it from the browser follow these steps –
- Open the Firefox browser and click on the Tools menu.
- Choose Add-ons.
- Select Extensions in the options window.
- Browse to Zynga toolbar and then click on it.
- Click on the Uninstall button on the right.
- Click on OK to confirm the uninstallation.
- Restart Firefox when prompted.
If you just want to disable the toolbar, you can click on the disable button next to uninstall. This will disable the toolbar until it is re-enabled.
Internet Explorer Browser – Zynga is also a popular toolbar with the Internet Explorer browser. However, if you don’t use it, you can uninstall it using the following steps:
- Open Control Panel.
- Click on Program and Features for Windows Vista and 7 or Add and Remove Programs if your OS is Windows XP.
- Select Zynga Game Bar from the list of installed programs and then click Uninstall.
This will remove the Zynga toolbar from the Windows OS. However, even after the uninstallation if you still see the toolbar in the browser you can disable it by following these steps –
- Open Internet Explorer and then click on Tools.
- Click on Manage Add-ons.
- Choose Zynga gamebar from Toolbars and Extensions .
- Click on Disable at the bottom of the window.
- Close all the windows and restart IE.
This will disable the Zynga toolbar in Internet Explorer.
You can also use third party software to uninstall the Zynga toolbar in Windows. They can remove them completely from the system. Two such software are listed below –
Perfect Uninstaller – It is a powerful uninstaller tool, which removes the folders and files of the uninstalled software from every possible location in the system. When you have Perfect Uninstaller on your computer, you can uninstall the Zynga toolbar by right clicking on the Zynga icon and choosing the Force Uninstall option to uninstall it completely.
StopZilla – This is a powerful anti-spyware that helps in removing suspicious toolbars that might contain malware. This software can also be used to remove the Zynga toolbar.